[pure-silver] Re: massive dev. chart

  • From: Shannon Stoney <shannonstoney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 10:04:31 -0600

Speaking of wrong ISOs...I shot a roll of Bergger 200 last week, and they look thin. I wonder what other people shoot this film at?

--shannon

On Nov 19, 2007, at 5:14 AM, Jon Mided wrote:

Hi Eric,

As it says in the guidelines of how to use the chart, many of the times are user submissions. In some cases times that are submitted may be inaccurate, but we are reliant on comparisons to published data and other user experiences in order to determine whether any given piece of data is reliable enough to include in the chart. If you are concerned that any data is inaccurate, the best thing to do is write to me so that it can be investigated and corrected if necessary. The chart is dependent on people like yourself contributing, so please make the effort to help us.

From the information you have provided, it looks to me like all of the references to "stock" solution listed for PMK and Pyrocat-HD are a result of an error when the chart was reorganized. I think what has happened is that during batch processing of the data, the word "stock" was inserted where no dilution was present, whereas it should list the recommended standard dilution.

You are the second person to point out that the ISO listed for TMax 100 is wrong. This was the result of a typo (believe me, they are rare!) and should have been corrected previously, but somehow slipped through. The correct EI for this data is 80. A separate listing exists for EI 100.

I've made these corrections immediately, and will be releasing the next full update to the chart later this week.

--Jon

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 22:26:34 -0800 (PST)
From: Eric Nelson <emanmb@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pure-silver] massive dev. chart

Although I applaud and admire the effort digitaltruth
has made in making the chart, there seems to be some
really big inaccuracies on the MDC site in case anyone
is looking to it as gospel.

"TMax 100  PMK  11+20+1000  E.I. 20"   HUH?  I've run
tons of T-max through PMK at an E.I. of 100 @
10+20+1000 dilution.

"TMax 100 Pyrocat-HD        stock  E.I. 64    9 mins.  27C"
  Stock solution for the dilution??  Gadzooks.

Does anyone know how these numbers were reached or are
they typos or am I the only one that finds some of the
times, temps, and dilutions listed whacky?  Do they
listen to suggestions?  I'm not here to bash them as
this kind of resource, if accurate, is invaluable.

Eric
======================================================================= ====================================== To unsubscribe from this list, go to www.freelists.org and logon to your account (the same e-mail address and password you set-up when you subscribed,) and unsubscribe from there.