[pure-silver] Re: logan compact mat cutter

  • From: "Edward C. Zimmermann" <edz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 23:13:56 +0200

Quoting Shannon Stoney <sstoney@xxxxxxx>:

> >I agree with the others. Especially if you cut your mats to
> >specific, non-standard sizes, it is really rather easy to cut your
> >own, as long as you have a decent mat cutter. (Don't use the little
> >palm-sized one - it's just frustrating.)
>

> I have the Logan compact one. Is that the one you mean?  Also, I
> can't find the directions for it. I lost the directions

I have one of those "compact" Logan models. Mine is called the
Logan 700-S Simplex Studio. I find it much more convienient than the larger
and more sophisticated cutters since I don't need many matts larger than
its 16x20" limitation--- and for cutting down large boards I use a metal
straightedge (Dahle). It seems to handle better on these matts than its big
brother..

The larger Logans I'm not too impressed with.. but with standard photo matts
the Simplex Studio I think is hard to beat and even in Germany it was not too
expensive...

Its directions (I just checked) are available on Logan's site:
http://www.logangraphic.com/manuals/english/700-S.pdf

I see that they have a model called "Compact".. and they too published its
manual: http://www.logangraphic.com/manuals/english/301.pdf

Edward C. Zimmermann, Basis Systeme netzwerk, Munich