[pure-silver] Re: Efke 50 in HC-110?

  • From: "Koch, Gerald" <gkoch02@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 12:05:15 -0400

I forgot to mention that the chromium in potassium chrome alum is
Cr(III) and not very toxic.  So you don't need to worry about using it.
In small amounts it is an essential element and included in many
supplements.  However, dispose of the used solution in an
environmentally safe way like silver containing solutions.  The Cr(VI)
in such compounds as potassium dichromate is quite toxic.