[pure-silver] Re: lens for enlarging 8x10?

  • From: XRadar@xxxxxxx
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 17:04:49 EST

In a message dated 2/14/05 4:28:19 PM Central Standard Time,
hfefner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> Shannon, I have used a 240mm f/9 Nikkor M process lens for 8x10
> enlarging.  The shorter focal length keeps the distances more reasonable
> than what you need for a 300.  With a 300 at 1:1, you need a film-to-paper
> distance of about 4 ft., and it only gets worse as you go to bigger prints.

I also use a 240.  Mine is an Apo-Rodagon.  Seems to work Ok with 8x10.  I
also use the same lens for 4x5 and 5x7 so it was the best compromise to keep
distance down.  You still need long arms or some type of focus assist for
bigger
prints.
Chuck