[pure-silver] Re: fixer composition

  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:46:22 -0400 (EDT)

From: Paul Mead <paul.mead@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: fixer composition (was Re: Re: PMK)
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 11:17:39 +0100

> Ryuji Suzuki wrote:
> > Yes. Also, some believe to the contrary but the temperature doesn't have
> > to be that close.
> >
> My tap water comes out at below 15deg C - might be stretching things ??

Today's well hardened films should see little or no problem with 5C
difference, particularly if it's on the lower side. But a splash of
hot water should remove any concern in this area, if available.

There are some people who believe that the temperature change of
greater than 1C (or whatever ridiculously small) between stages can
increase image granularity. I have no evidence that is the case in my
practice.