[pure-silver] Re: big lenses for big cameras

  • From: Laurence.Cuffe@xxxxxx
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 12:10:32 +0100

On 15 Sep 2004 at 3:53, Richard Knoppow wrote:

> On 14 Sep 2004 at 14:37, Curt Hagenlocher wrote:
>
> > > http://www.schneiderkreuznach.com/neuheiten/fine_art_xxl_e.htm
> > An image circle that's nearly a meter across?  That's sick!
> > I'd wonder how much these "big boys" cost, if I had even a
> > prayer of affording one...
> > Curt Hagenlocher
> > curt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Theres no harm in asking, though I don't think anything which will come
> with your name engraved on it is going to be cheap.  Probably better to
> just spend the money on film.
> All the best
> Larry Cuffe
Well I asked, and was told that production will begin early next year, and
no price had been fixed.
In the computer industry I think this is what is termed "vapour ware"
 They asked me to contact a UK agent after photokina, which is
something which slightly annoys me as being in the euro zone I don't
understand why I should take exchange rate risk when dealing with a
european company.
All the best folks
Larry--
Laurence Cuffe UCD Ireland