[pure-silver] alkaline stop bath

  • From: "Garry Lewis" <garrylewis747@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 15:28:22 -0600

Several lists have this topic going. Why an alkaline stopbath? I can
understand the use alkaline fixers. But isn't a alkaline stop bath the photo
equivalent of gasoline on a dying fire? Most developers are powered by an
alkaline accelerator. Wouldn't an alkaline stop bath operate like a "B"
bath( e.g divided developers)? With long development times, I can see it as
little consequence.But with times as short as 5 min.s I just wonder. I use
water myself. More for
economic reasons. But since this seems to be a hot topic and I wanted some
input from this group.

Garry