[pure-silver] Re: Zeiss' comments on the future of film

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 18:41:39 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Brick" <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 4:43 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Zeiss' comments on the future of film

Zeiss' comments on the future of film. Worth reading!

http://www.zeiss.com/c12567a8003b58b9/Contents-Frame/4bf4f17db8a270c3c12570f90043c228

Jim

I hope this is not just wishful thinking.
As far as the motion picture industry goes I think they would very much like to convert to digital, at least for release purposes, so I am not very confident about the future of film there, at least in the long term. There are so many aspects and conflicting information about digital that its difficult to form an opinion about it.

---