[pure-silver] Unknown film

  • From: Martin magid <martin.magid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pure Silver <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 09:11:12 -0400

I bought a couple of very old boxes of Kodak large format film at the MiPHS
Trade Fair last week, $1 each box, and I can't find info on them.

The first is 10X12 in., Kodak Fine Grain Positive film, dated 1969.  On the
box it's describes as a low speed blue sensitive emulsion, to be used for
copying, not for general camera work.  Development can be done in Dektol,
Versatol or D-11.  Was this film used to make transparencies for
over-the-head projectors?

The second is 8X 10 in. Kodak LS Pan film, dated 1970.  The number on it is
"4160 Thick".

I haven't opened either box to see if they contain data or instructions --
both have been opened and resealed.  I can't find anything about them in my
old 8th ed. of the Photo-Lab Index. Does anyone know anything about the
film speeds of these films, or developing times?  I don't expect to get
very much of an image from either one, but for a buck they were hard to
leave.

Marty