[pure-silver] Re: Tricks

  • From: Sauerwald Mark <mark_sauerwald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 13:12:34 -0800 (PST)

Tim

I preprint 3x5 cards with a little worksheet that I use to calculate my
exposures, it includes information about the subject, location, lighting,
filters, bellows extension etc.  I fill out the card as I make the exposure,
and then slip it under the lip of the film holder after exposure.  I usually
make the same exposure on both sides of the film holder.  After processing the
first sheet, I have an opportunity to change processing for the second sheet -
which I can note on the 3x5 card.   Once both negs are processed, they go into
2 of the 4 pockets in an archival negative storage sheet, and the 3x5 card goes
into one of the other pockets.  The last pocket is either left empty or has a
contact print in it.  I make notes about how I print the image either on the
back side of the 3x5 card, or the back side of the contact sheet.

Mark

I record exposure and zone placement for every neg into a portable
tape recorder so I later know how to process the neg. This also
sometimes helps give me hint during the printing process.