[pure-silver] Re: Tominon, Ysaron

  • From: "Gene Johnson" <genej2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 13:02:33 -0800

Looking at the 127 Tominon,

First element is pretty close to plano-convex with flat side toward iris
Second element is double concave with more concave side toward iris
Third (rear) group is cemented doublet with side toward iris being approx.
flat, and rear facing side convex.

Looks like a Tessar to me, but there's sure a lot of coverage.  The 127 has
room for significant movements and I have a 105 Tominon with exact same
construction that just covers 4x5 wide open.  Looks at least ok in the
groundglass right to the corners @f8.  I wouldn't expect that from a Tessar
design.