[pure-silver] Re: Tominon, Ysaron

  • From: "John Black" <jblack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 18:15:27 -0500

> > <pretty big snip>
> >
> >> Note: I generally don't get any good bargain or free
> >> stuff.  Another
> >> junk I picked up was a Leica 4x5 camera and also a
> >> Wollensak
> >
> > <another smaller snip>
> >
> > Uh...  please tell me more about the Leica 4X5...
> >
> > JB
> >
>   Is this not a device for attachment to microscopes?

I don't think so. The microscope adapters were devices containing a mirror
and shutter that mounted a Leica camera body to be used with the shutter
open.  It was still 35mm.

The Leica name has been sold and used by several disparate equipment
manufacturers and there may be something in the 4X5 range from the last 20
years I don't know about.

JB