[pure-silver] Re: Sea Water Washing and Journal of the SMPE

  • From: "bobkiss @caribsurf.com" <bobkiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2014 19:08:57 -0400

DEAR RICHARD,
     Thanks for posting that.  I had the pleasure of hearing Dr. James
lecture on this topic after we read about it in his book.  I recall that we
found it entertaining that, after all of the high level photo chem we had
to learn, that sea water would to a very good job washing prints and film
if followed by a fresh water wash.
***Perhaps the pain killers are making me inept but I can't seem to find
the SMPTE journal on the site you recommended.  It is an amazing site & I
would love to download some of the journals but my search on the site does
not lead me to them.