[pure-silver] Re: Restoring faded prints

  • From: Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 10:39:23 -0700

At 07:29 AM 3/28/2008, you wrote:
"Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

the formula you quote

Me?  I was quoting you quoting the formula.
I know nothingk.

==
Nicholas O. Lindan
Cleveland Engineering Design, LLC
Cleveland, Ohio 44121

I figured that out after I posted. I mean the part that it was one of my old posts. I still remember a one solution formula for restoring photos that appears in one of the books. The one you quoted is for restoring oxidized prints. The results should be reasonably permanent and can be toned because the resulting image is silver. The problem is that part of the original image will be gone. How much depending on the extent of the oxidation. Sometimes I don't recognize my own stuff because the writing looks too good, most of the time I feel quite inarticulate:-(