[pure-silver] Re: Replacement bellows for full plate camera

  • From: Eric Nelson <emanmb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 16:15:25 -0800 (PST)

Out of curiosity I googled western bellows and found this info on a web site
that was fairly recently updated.
Eric
"Sources of Bellows Replacements
Here are some websites and other contacts for replacement bellows:
        1. http://www.camerabellows.com/  This one is in the UK, so it might
not be of use to North Americans.  The site provides some useful information.
One alternative, for someone who is somewhat "handy," is to send just the
original bellows to the UK folks for replication, rather than the entire
camera.  These people seem to have the best reputation.
        2. http://www.turnerbellows.com/  Located in Rochester, NY.
        3. Western Bellows Company
9340 7th Street Suite-G
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730-5664
Phone: (909)980-0606

The contact information above may be dated.  Apparently, the company never
bothered providing an internet  presence.  Some people like them, some don't.

Here's another address, which may be their newest location:

Western Bellows Company
11647 McBean Dr
El Monte, CA 91732
818-579-2766

And, here's one more address.  Who knows where they are?

Western Bellows
7454 Henbane St
Etiwanda, CA 91739
(909) 980-0606
        4. http://www.gortite.com/  This a new one for me.  I don't have any
feedback for them.
        5. Universal Bellows Company
25 Hanse Ave
Freeport, NY 11520
516-378-1264
This name appears frequently, but they may no longer be in business.  Again, I
can't find an internet presence."