[pure-silver] Ques. regarding Pyrocat-HD

  • From: Bogdan Karasek <BKarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 20:39:02 -0400

hello all,

A while back, several members suggested trying Pyrocat-HD for film developing. So I've been shopping around. One problem is that I live in Canada and it is not available here. Have to get it mail-order in the USA... where one place had a shipping cost that was twice the cost of the order, $63.00

Finally, B&H, in NYC, can ship it here for $28; fellow Canuck informs me, they have an arrangement with PUROLATOR, the Canadian equivalent of FedEX/UPS.

Anyway, there are two kinds:

1)a)) Pyrocat-HD Liquid dev, to make 50L and 10L
1)b))__________ Dry     dev, to make 50 L

and

2)  Pyrocat-HD in Glycol dev., to make 10L

 1 or 2 ????  Why one and not the other?

If 1, then a or b?

Do I have to make up the 50L right off ??? or can I make a stock solution, like HC-110. What about the dry dev? Do I have to make it all, or can I make 5-6 L at a time?

This stuff has to cross the border, so a larger quantity makes more sense, because it costs less, less customs, less shipping etc.... Kind of a dilemna. :(

Any other places that come recommended for mail order?

I welcome all advice. I've been there and back on the internet looking at this stuff and I'm starting to spin.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Bogdan