[pure-silver] Prints on line ( RE: Re: holga focus and how do you scan a negative properly)

  • From: "EJ Neilsen" <ej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 22:56:58 -0600

Becky, If you need to make a digital representation of your prints for on
line showing, I'd go with a standard copy set up; two light at 45 with a
polarizer on camera and lights if needed. Shot a digital capture with a
WhiBal card and correct your scene later. Base you exposure off an 18% gray
or read with a light meter with a flat diffuser and expose on manual. Lots
more but this forum seems to dislike anything digital, so.

Eric

Ps  I showed some silver prints made from digital negs at eh recent Photo
Expo show in NYC. This was an attempt by a software company to show that
they do pay attention to all users, not just those make ink jet, but also a
silver and platinum printer.

Eric Neilsen Photography

4101 Commerce Street

Suite 9