[pure-silver] Re: Prints fixed to long in first bath

  • From: Eric Nelson <emanmb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 16:19:07 -0800 (PST)

Thanks guys.

My worry too has been as you and Gerald have pointed out.  If I had no chance
re-print then I'd be tempted to chance it or try HE-1 but I have no formalin
for
the last step and instructions also mention HE-1 is to be used after toning so
it would just be better all 'round to reprint while the enlarger is still set
up
for these negs.  Dang fiber has gotten so expensive!

I think too that Ken's point of no evident change to prints in many years under
similar treatment has value.  But given the responsibility I have to produce as
archival a print as I can for this HABS/HAER job, I think his method bears note
and validity, but not for this particular situation.

Eric