[pure-silver] Re: Pre-editing vs. just plowing in

  • From: "EJ Neilsen" <ej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 11:26:15 -0600

Shannon, You don't have to let them do your final work but if done right,
they could provide you a very valuable service. You show them how you do
thing in your lab/darkroom. You layout the negs you want printed and to
about what size. The downside is training and cooperation. One very big
aspect to it is focus. You need to stay focused and the extra stuff that you
can get done, and they need to make sure that they keep yours; negs and
personal.

I have tried assistants and just when things are starting to click, they
move on. I am still waiting to come across a good fit; someone with enough
skills and available when I can afford them both time wise and $$$.

Eric

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street
Suite 9