[pure-silver] Pre-editing vs. just plowing in

  • From: Jeffrey Thorns <puresilver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 18:49:03 -0800

I find that I enjoy my printing sessions more if I take the time, maybe a day or a week ahead of time, to pre-edit and write down exactly what I am going to print. So when I start to print, there is no decision-making and debating - just get down to printing.

Sometimes I get it into my head that 'I need to print, now'. This usually ends up frustrating me, because I have to stop and debate with myself which images to print and which not.

That said, I will print any neg that catches my fancy, in the middle of my 'planned' printing. I will not turn down inspiration!

Do most of you just dive in and decide as you print? Or plan it, even if just a little?