[pure-silver] Power Inverter and Hello

  • From: rafaraf@xxxxxxxxx (Richard F)
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 11:02:30 -0700

<snip>I believe inverters are totally safe. They usually put out a
square wave instead of a sine wave. Most equipment could care less what
the shape of the AC wave is. Strobes rectify AC into DC to charge the
capacitors and rectifiers simply don't care if it's square or sine. To
be r-e-a-l-l-y safe, if you are apprehensive, call Paul Buff.
Jim </snip>

Can I use a power inverter for my old Beattie 5x7 split-back camera?  I
tried lugging a generator out to our local falls, and with the camera
weighing 35 pounds, and the weight of the generator it took two people
to carry everything to the viewpoint.  The Beattie needs 115/120 AC and
I sure would like to use it for outdoor BW portraits.  I know there are
other cameras in the world, but I am having fun with it, and I love it's
old Schneider lens.

Richard