[pure-silver] Re: [pure-silver]: New list

  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 14:09:16 -0400 (EDT)

From: "Claudio Bonavolta" <claudio@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pure-silver]: New list
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 17:07:45 +0200

> May I ask already a slight change to the new list ?
> I would like we integrate the Chroma and Silver-Bits into the new one.
> The status might change from a "Pure-silver, B/W only" list to a
> "High-quality photography whatever tool is used" one.

I agree. The traffic of the other two lists are very low at this
point, and I think pure-silver photographers lost or reduced digital
allergy by 2004. If in the future the power balance breaks again
we may reconsider splitting then.

I am rather neutral on the freelists.org issue, but what I am
concerned about is that people becoming salesperson, or people stating
opinions about one option without gathering sufficient information for
other options to make sensible judgement. Why don't we list up all
those technical, privacy and sustainability concerns and how each
option compares, before jumping on to one solution?

It is pretty crazy that many people in this list criticize the poor
business practice of large corporations and we don't give any serious
considerations before making such an important decision for our own
list. It's easier to move the list than reorganize film plants but
it's still a lot better to understand a few most viable options before
deciding. But the list is getting confusing. Why don't we make a
"pure-silver transition committee" of 5 or 7 members and give them
some time, while we focus on photographic issues here?

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Well, believing is all right, just don't let the wrong people know