[pure-silver] Re: Paper Scale Was Re: VC printing equipment

  • From: DarkroomMagic <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 13:26:11 +0100

Measuring between Zone II and VIII is fine. It ignores the flat (low
contrast) parts of shoulder and toe from the characteristic curve of the
paper. They don't add much to the image.

This way, you end up with six zones (1.8), and placing that on grade 2 paper
(1.05) asks for an average negative gradient of 0.58. I usually place Zone
II on a reflection density of 1.89 and Zone VIII on 0.09.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht