[pure-silver] Overcoming backing paper info coming tnrough

  • From: Martin magid <martin.magid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pure Silver <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 09:49:20 -0500

It was Snoopy I believe who gave me many rolls of outdated Agfa 25 120
film.  This is a great film and the right speed to use in my 100+ years old
No. 1 Kodak Panoram.  The exposures in bright daylight are right on,
developed in Rodinal.  The only problem is that the numbers, circles and
lines on the backing paper come through to the exposed negatives and show
up on the print.  Sometimes I'm able to delete the unwanted info with
Photoshop, sometimes not, depending on the background.

In order to minimize or eliminate that problem, I'm thinking of
pre-exposing each exposure against a white wall in dim light using the
cameras faster speed. There are only 2 choices of speed for the rotating
f/13 lens, but I've made inserts for the lens up to f/32, and I think I
should use the f/32 insert because the unwanted images come through very
lightly.

Does anyone have an opinion on this problem or my proposed solution?

Marty