[pure-silver] Re: Oriental VC RP

  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 04:42:33 -0400 (EDT)

From: Peter Badcock <peter.badcock@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Oriental VC RP
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 17:59:58 +1000

> Out of curiosity, could you please
> let me know the batch number of the paper you used?

It'll take a day or two since I have to go to my darkroom in order to
get that.

> Also which dev. did you use (if your own, then what type of dev is
> it?)

It's a modified DS-14. I have been testing several modifications to
DS-14 in order to further enhance the toning properties (some enhances
split toning while others make toning more uniform, at least with my
stock paper). Some make image tone cold-neutral black instead of
warmer side of straight DS-14 as posted on various places. Many of
these mods use compounds that are not available from photographic
chemical companies at this point, so I haven't shared details with
anyone yet. (I still remember how many people asked me about Dimezone
S. And how many photographic chemical retail businesses in the
U.S. carry Dimezone S at this point?)

Frankly I don;t think any of the changes to the processing you
suggested can overcome coating/drying defects. My box had a statement
that manufacturer will replace or refund for the product if it is
found to be defective due to manufacturing or packaging, so I would
pursue that.

Also, though my impression with the paper's image quality was
positive, it didn't make me feel I was missing something without using
it before.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Keep a good head and always carry a light camera."