[pure-silver] Re: One package chemicals

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 02:15:45 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Georges Giralt" <georges.giralt@xxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, December 13, 2004 11:07 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] One package chemicals

> Hi !
> As I can no longer find my favorite Neutol NE in powder
> form, I will mix
> my print developer in a more regular basis.
> But, weighting the chemicals is a PITA for me (I have to
> clean my table
> before and after, and vacuum clean the room I use for
> weighing chemicals
> using my double filter garage vacuum cleaner).
> So, As Kodak does for Dektol I plan to make small boxes
> containing the
> weighted chemical dose for say 5 liters of working
> strength dev.
> Any pros, cons ? What should I look at ? One package ? Two
> ?
> All help will be greatly appreciated ;-)
> TIA
> --
   Perhaps you can find Neutol Plus. This is a liquid
concentrate Phenidone-Ascorbic acid print developer. I've
been using it and recommend it. Use the higher dilution, it
works fine.
   As far as packaging chemicals, I don't know what Kodak
does so that it can combine all the ingredients of Metol
containing developers into one package but they do
something. Normally Metol will not dissolve in high
concentrations of sulfite so it must be mixed first. This is
one reason many developers come in two parts.
   Have you considered doing the chemical measuring in a box
or tent of some sort?  This would contain any dust and make
cleaning much simpler.

---