[pure-silver] Re: Old (very old) but already exposed film!

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 17:10:39 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "DarkroomMagic" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "PureSilverNew" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, July 04, 2005 3:32 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Old (very old) but already exposed film!

Does anyone have some experience with this?

I have been given some very old B&W 120 film (<1950?), which has been
exposed but never was developed. One is labeled ŒAdox R17¹, some are just
called ŒPerutz¹, and one is called ŒAgfa L Isopan¹. The owner assures me
that the content is of considerable importance to her and her family. I like
to give it a try and develop it for her, but I only have ID-11 and Rodinal
at the moment.

What is the best way to handle this? Any special treatment?

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

http://www.darkroomagic.com

I meant to add that Greg Miller says that roll film holds up better than other kinds. His guess is that its wound tightly enough to keep air out.

---