[pure-silver] Re: Nikon follow-up

  • From: Georges Giralt <georges.giralt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 07:52:59 +0100

Charlie Thorsten a écrit :

After reading the press release on Nikon's website, I found out they're also discontinuing all their
large fomat lenses and enlarging lenses. This is
quite a "reshaping"!! I guess new sales of these
lenses have slowed down a lot.

Hi !
Well they stop improving them about 15 years ago. Schneider/Rodenstock for the Europeans, and Fuji for the Asians invested and keep "the flow" going from their labs. Pray for Copal to stay in business !
I think Nikon pays the demise of research in LF lenses. The sales drop because for the same price you could have a "state of the art" lens from the other major manufacturers.
This is not exactly the case in enlarging lenses, and the F body line of cameras. I understand that digital has stopped sales for the low end part of the range (F55 and neighbours) but on the upper end, except the F6, I think there is a market. (it seems I'm wrong according to Nikon's staff)
We are fortunate that there is such a huge second hand market ! Time to buy the accessories you need most !
--
Ce message est constitué d'au moins 50 % d'électrons recyclés.
Aucun électron n'a été blessé ou forcé d'aucune manière