[pure-silver] Re: New trays

  • From: Snoopy <snoopy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 19:16:31 +0100

Bichromate cleaner is based on chromium salts and is banned in europe as
it's fairly toxic. It is a sick version of yellow colopur, somewhat like
Uranium Hexaflouride "Yellow Cake",

I still have some left for cleaning machines but I am not keen on using it.

Love,
Snoopy

Bogdan Karasek wrote:

> Richard Knoppow wrote:
>>

> snip..
>
>>     My experience with Dektol is about the same. I get silver stains
>> on the trays and every couple of sessions have to clean them with old
>> fashioned bichromate cleaner.
>
> Bichromate cleaner???? Is it a household cleaning product that goes by a
>  commercial name?
>
> Bogdan
>
>  That takes the stain off but it comes back
>> pretty quickly. I was not getting this stain with Agfa Neutol Plus. I
>> don't know what is in Dektol that causes it.
>> --
>> Richard Knoppow
>> Los Angeles, CA, USA
>> dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

>> signature database 4788 (20100120) __________

>> http://www.eset.com

"Ceterum censeo, digitalem esse delendam"