[pure-silver] Re: New trays

  • From: "Ralph W. Lambrecht" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 18:28:42 +0100

From this, I see that you are picking at your prints with tongs. Why?

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

http://www.darkroomagic.com

This electronic message contains information that is confidential, legally privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. This information is intended for the use of the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, printing or any other use of, or any action in reliance on, the contents of this electronic message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and destroy the original message immediately.

P don't print this e-mail unless you really have to

On Jan 20, 2010, at 08:10, Eric Nelson wrote:

Bought some new trays as my developer trays were beyond help of even tray cleaners or bleach. Close to 20 years of dektol and glycin developers had stained them so that they'd transfer some of the stain back onto the print borders.

Now, after a printing session my new developer tray looks like this! I'm just processing with Dektol 1:2 for 4-6 hours.

Is this normal or is my memory of trays being somewhat resistant to chemicals fuzzy and romanticized? Tray cleaner brings the tray back to 'new' condition but I never had to do that after every session in years past with the old style Cesco-Lite trays.

Eric