[pure-silver] Re: Mercury I and Direct Positive paper

  • From: <mail1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 14:19:52 -0800

My first 35mm camera was Mercury. I bought it in a pawn shop in NYC 56 years
ago. I still have one print remaining from that time. The camera worked
excellently. I really appreciated the fact it was half frame with 72
exposures to the roll, because film and processing was my biggest expense.
The rotary shutter went to 1/1000 sec. In my eyes the camera was a treasure.
For two summers I packed in my saddle bags while horse back riding up an
down the Teton valley in North western Wyoming. My father passed away and I
inherited his Rollei TLR and the Mercury sat unused. At that time I started
processing and printing my 120 negatives. I recently gave the Rollei TLR to
my daughter.

Jonathan