[pure-silver] Re: Mamiya NC1000 shutter advance lever prob

  • From: "D.J. Kennedy" <dj_kennedy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 13:10:14 -0700 (PDT)

Mark:

Butkus was my first stop since I didnt get a manual with the camera - gone
there a lot in the past.

No - I wont force it. I do *not* want to break it! I did find a place that
repairs them, est was $114 but they wont give you a more comprehensive est
until they get the camera from you.

Im hoping that it doesnt need a repair since at this time i cant afford
anything (didnt get our bonus this summer). Im playing with the idea of taking
the bottom plate off but want to hold off on that for a few days to see if any
replies come in, in the mean time.

Im playing around with it to see if I can get it to advance in the mean time.
Nothing else that I can do for now other than taking of that bottom plate which
I really dont want to do but will if I have to.

Im sure, and Im hoping - that others with this camera had the same problem.
Some models have problems associated with them. The Argus C3(?) has sticky
shutters it seems so yeah Im hoping that this issue im having is a common one.

Derek