[pure-silver] Re: Mamiya 80mm Macro

  • From: ATIPPETT@xxxxxxx
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 21:22:44 EDT

The spacer looks like an extension tube, it is placed between the  camera
body and the lens.  The instructions further indicate that this will  give a
1:1
image and without it you will have a 1:1/2 image.

The instructions tell the user to set the distance scale at infinity.   Then
unlock this mag spacer ring and rotate the mag spacer ring  to the proper
position.  The proper position is not defined so  I  assume this means until it
stops because it travel a very short  distance.

After playing with it for some time I have come to the conclusion that a
magnification fact is established and this is to maintained that  factor while
focusing but that is just a guess.

I have used the lens with very nice results photographing  glassware.  My
only real problem is with depth of field, which is to be  expected.  This was
all
done without setting the MAG Spacer  adjustment.

Alan Tippett