[pure-silver] Re: Mamiya 80mm Macro

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 17:44:11 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: <ATIPPETT@xxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2007 3:18 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Mamiya 80mm Macro

I have recently purchased a 80mm Macro lens for my 645 Mamiya. This lens has a MAG SPACER ring adjustment. The instructions explain how to set this ring with and without the spacer. What confuses me is a statement in the instructions that call this a "built-in floating system." When I am not using the spacer does this ring need to be set. If I am just taking close ups does
this ring come into play?

Alan Tippett

Since the isntructions cover adjustment with and without the ring what exactly do they say?
    Where does the spacer go?

---