[pure-silver] Re: LENSBABIES

  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 01:00:51 -0400 (EDT)

From: Nic.Woollaston@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [pure-silver] LENSBABIES
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 16:25:01 +1200

> I once had a go at something similar.  What I used at the camera end
> was a short extension tube.  For a bellows I made a kind of bag
> bellows out of the heavy black plastic that some paper comes in
> (Ilford I think).

Ha, why don't we mount a magnifier on a view camera then!  (Actually
I've done it before, though I just looked at the ground glass and
didn't spend my film for it.) But I think life would be a lot easier
with a camera with TTL meter like Bronica SQ-Ai or the world's ugliest
Hasselblad known to men.

> I cut the bag to square (about 6" square from memory) then folded
> over and sealed with tape the two open edges.  Then I carefully cut
> a circle through both layers of bag, the same size as the hole in
> the front of my slr.

So you have to hold the camera and the lens with two hands at all
times...

Short extension tube is another nice piece to begin for your homemade
lensbabies, Becky.

Ryuji