[pure-silver] Re: Is the list dead?? NO!

  • From: Bogdan Karasek <bkarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 11:22:28 -0400

Hi,

Not dead at all, am healthy and alive, working in the darkroom....

On the question of the photocyclist.... I do a lot of cycling in the summer, carry my two TLRs in the bag that attaches to the front of the handle bars and inserted a kid's padded school lunch bag into the front bag for added padding. Inside I carry 2 TLR's, loaded with film, appropriate filters and hoods. For added camera support, I adapted a high voltage electrical clamp and screwed that on to the handle bars. the top of the clamp has 1/4" screw to which I added a small tripod ball head. Attached to the ball head, I have my Robot Star which when the spring is wound, gives me 8-10 shots which I activate via a cable release taped to the handlebar. In the accessory shoe, I have a 45° viewfinder which a friend salvaged from an old Kodak Duoflex. Now, I can shoot while I am riding. I look down into the acc VF and this gives me a rough idea of the direction that the lens is pointing in and the image I will get. I preset the focus. With the ROBOT, I don't have to advance the film with every shot. I've tried the system with a 6x6 TLR and a 4x4 TLR, both with crank film advance. Works equally well.

Shoot on the fly...

If anybody wants pictures of my set-up, contact me off line and I will send them to you so you have a starting point for setting up your own system and become a real photocyclist. Have to start thinking summer.... enough with the snow already, 340cm is enough

Cheers,
Bogdan

Sauerwald Mark wrote:
One more Cyclist/Photographer here - although I rarely
mix the two hobbies.  I commute to/from work on a
bicycle, which is a 30 mile round trip, and often
carry an old canon rangefinder on the back of my
bike....

--- "Dana H. Myers" <dana.myers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Kurt J. Griffin wrote:

joe mcguckin wrote:

?

"Dead" is a strong word.  I was out riding a

pleasant

100+ miles on Saturday:

http://www.bikescor.com/solvang/welcome.htm

(I admit, I took only a few photos and the ones I
did take weren't on film, but my TLR won't fit in
the jersey pocket).

Dana

It's nice to see another cyclophoto (or is that

phocyclist?) person on
the list.  If I'm hoping for any real scenery,

I'll take my Voigtländer
Perkeo 6x6.  While not as fancy as a TLR, nor as

light as a Holga, it
folds into a compact brick that drops nicely into

my jersey pockets.

Not a bad idea at all.  I just carry a compact
digital camera for
snapshots, and very rarely remember to take any
anyway :-)

Dana

  Bogdan Karasek
  Montréal, Québec                     bogdan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx