[pure-silver] Re: Infrared

  • From: Bernard <bernard_cousineau@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 19:47:19 -0400

Anyway, thanks for the info; I was unaware that the film can be used as the filter that blocks out light but lets in infrared. I'll share this with my students and try it out.
I have students asking about infrared and I always like to have
variations to offer them so, aside from using the dark Infrared
filter on the camera which is too expensive for most, do you
have suggestions?

You can also try combining a 25 red filter with an 11 green. Both filters are fairly common and inexpensive. With any luck, they can be borrowed.
The other option is to look for Ilford SFX gel filters. These are out of production now, but some stores may still have them. The gel filters require a gel filter holder, of course.

Bernard