[pure-silver] Re: I'm Baaaaaaack

  • From: Tim Daneliuk <tundra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 14:33:07 -0600

Stein wrote:

Dear Mr. Daneliuk,

Thank you for your email reinstating yourself on the list. We have been waiting for this as there are a number of little matters to attend to...

Firstly the unpaid accounts. Unfortunately when you relinquished the operation of the list you left the K 3 switch on the IPU unit turned to " Reflux". This has resulted in a steady accrual of charges for the past several years. These are now payable and we look forward to your cheque in the first post. Just sign it and we will fill in the rest.

Perhaps the ravages of age prevent you from doing so, but you may recall that you volunteered to make good on this fiduciary obligation when the old list was transitioned. I recall some commentary regarding your immense personal wealth and desire to 'serve the community' in said capacity. Are you now disclaiming this committment? For shame.

Secondly, the advance of digital imaging has robbed us chemical darkroom workes of a great deal of our clout in the market. You have been nominated by the committee to redress this. You are scheduled to meet with the CEO of Kodak on Monday week. It will be a simple matter of grasping him warmly by the throat and pounding his head on the Axminster until he agrees to reintroduce Plus X sheet film. Should his office feature a wooden parquet floor or slate tiling you may be able to get him to bring back 70mm Tri X.

I am honoured by this appointment and have forthwith spent the afternoon at the pistol range honing my powers of persuasion. I'll let you know how it goes Monday. BTW, do you know any good bail bondsmen?

Finally, the surcharge on digital printing ink cartridges and paper must be reintroduced to cover the buy-back of Agfa - at least until they can supply Rodinal and Viradon. Arrange this by Saturday.

Agfa sold? The Philistines! "Death before no Rodinal", I say. It seems I need to engage with somewhat larger firepower than is available to me locally. Can you supply $1M AU and we'll both go the the biannual arms show in Singapore later this year.

Your Marinating Nephew I remain,