[pure-silver] Re: Ilford developers

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 16:43:37 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "titrisol" <titrisol@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2007 6:37 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Ilford developers

In the US Sprint used to sell a liquid form of D76 concentrate.
 It worked very well IMHO

Do did NACO (maybe its NACCO) and a couple of other firms. AFAIK, Sprint developers are all low alergy causing and do not contain Metol. I don't know the current status of the brand. NACO was available from Freestyle. I was at the store a few days ago but didn't specifically look for NACO or other brands. They do have a wide variety of Ilford and Kodak chemicals and still have some Agfa Rodinal and Sistan. There is some European brand of developer which appears to be a Rodinal clone. Where there are both Kodak and Ilford chemicals of the same type the Kodak products are cheaper. For instance, I bought some Microdol-X for about $10 to make a gallon where Perceptol is about $7 for a liter. Freestyle also appears to have some new brands of paper. I should have taken some notes for this group but probably all this stuff is on-line at their site.

---