[pure-silver] Re: Ilford Postcard Paper

  • From: Sauerwald Mark <mark_sauerwald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 10:05:13 -0800 (PST)

I did a project for a friend one time - she wanted a
glamour type photo shoot, and then to make a calender
for her husband.  I figured that it would be easy to
just print on the calender grid on the backside of RC
prints - HAH!  I had assumed that there would be an
ink that would work in an inkjet printer that would do
the trick - you can print on transparancy material -
not the case.   The even more scary thing was in
talking to Ilford customer support, it seemed as
though there were two totally separate companies who
were unaware of the existence of the other technology.
 The Ilford people who make inkjet supplies seem to
not know that it is possible to generate images on
paper using light and silver halides, the people who
make photographic paper seem unaware of the existence
of computer printers.

The final solution, for any interested parties, was to
print the calender grids on full sheet sized label
stock, and then to stick it to the backs of the
photos.  Next time, I will print FB.

http://www.apug.org/forums/showthread.php?p=221313#post221313