[pure-silver] Re: Ilford HP film.

  • From: Chauncey Walden <clwaldeniii@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 18:37:01 -0600

On 4/6/2011 9:03 PM, Bogdan wrote:

Continuing the exploration of my freezer inventory, I found a bulk roll of HP5 (not HP5+) 35 mm film. No reference to it when I do a web search... Digital truth doesn't list it in the 'discontinued" section.

What is the nominal ISO for this film, 400 like HP5+? Same development times if 400ISO?

Any comments about this film this film?

I found my HP5 data sheet. It is for sheet film (my first 5x7) but should be relevant. Says the designed ASA is 320. Development stated at 7 minutes in ID-11 for condenser enlargers and rated at 500 and developed for 10 minutes for diffuser enlargers.
Chauncey