[pure-silver] Re: IR Images was RE: Re: Ideas On How To Get Ortho-Like Skies

  • From: <C.Breukel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 09:16:29 +0100

Thnaks for the kind words, guys..

PyrocatHD  is a nice developer especially for IR images, since it is hard to
predict how dense the highlights (leaves in this case) will become, you cannot
easily measure IR light. So if they become dense, the Pyro stain will become
strong also, which is a good thing in this case. The stain works as a soft
grade VC filter. So on VC paper you get an automatically softer/flatter
printing of the highlights.

Sometimes this effect is too much, even when using a grade 5 filter you
sometimes can get snap in. In these cases you can resort to fixed grade paper:
the stain density acts as added density to the silver density.

Added benefit is that the stain acts also as extra UV density, so the same
negative can be used for a platinum print, albeit that 4*5 is a bit smallish.

Best,

Cor