[pure-silver] Re: Hasselblad For Sale You Can't Afford

  • From: "KISS BOB" <bobkiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2013 09:37:04 -0400

HI,
I am a little confused by this but someone on the Hasselblad List might help. My friend, Ernst Wildi, loaned me one of those "Lunar Hasseblads" but it was called the MK-70, not an EL or ELM. It had the same 70mm back came with an 80mm lens, and had the calibrated, registered (a number on each one to I.D. it) glass plate just in front of the film plane on which was etched photogrammetric marks. These put small crosses in the image to be used for photogrammetry...map making. I used the camera to work on an unfinished series of photos called "Resident Aliens" of people so talented and/or outrageous they could well have been extraterrestrials. I photographed Andy Warhol, Isaac Asimov, Henry Geldzahler and then ran out of time and steam due to the pressures of my advertising and fashion work. Sadly, Ernst wanted the camera back! LOL!!! He said something about having to give it back to Hasselblad but told me I could keep it for about $5000 (memory might be spongy on his). In the 1980s that was mucho dinero but looks like a steal now!
                    CHEERS!
                         BOB

On Sat, 03 Aug 2013 00:46:04 -0500
 Tim Daneliuk <tundra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: