[pure-silver] Re: General Thank You

  • From: Nick Zentena <zentena@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 09:16:32 -0500

On December 8, 2004 04:03 am, Stein wrote:

>      I am emboldened to ask another question. I note that there are always
> a lot of 6 x 9 Linhof, Horseman, and Graflex outfits and holders on the
> auction site - in varying states of repair. Prices seem low, particularly
> in comparison with the 4 x 5 counterparts. My Jobo tanks are adjustable for
> 6 x 9. I also note that there are even new 6 x 9 holders available from New
> York....
>
>     But what to put in them? Only Ilford HP5 is listed and even that seems
> to be out of stock. Calumet seems no better.
>
>     Has all the 6 x9 sheet film disappeared?

        J&C sells at least one film in 6x9. It's only $1 less then the same
film in
4x5.  Less then 1/2 the film area but basically the same cost.

>     Can anyone give hints or tips on the practice of cutting down 4 x 5
> film for these holders? Are there commercial cutters or jigs for this? Is
> this yet another syren luring me onto the rocks and are they soft,
> comfortable rocks?

        Once you figure in the film you'll mess up any money you save on the
camera
will be gone. OTOH I cut down colour roll paper in the dark and I don't think
film would be any harder.

        Nick