[pure-silver] Re: Fw: moonlighting

  • From: Michael Briggs <MichaelBriggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 00:00:51 -0500 (CDT)

On 21-Oct-2004 Dave Valvo wrote:

> Comments From: a friend of mine..Re: moonlighting
>

>> It's an absolute fake. Look at the glassy water under the moon and the
>> rough water under the lightning.
>> All in all, with the nature of digital technology, a very poor effort.

The water exposed with light from the lightning is exposed with a very brief
flash of light and so the moving, rough water will not have any motion blurring.

The water exposed with the light from the moon was exposed for the entire time
the shutter was open, which was fairly long since the stars show trails.  So
the rough state of the water is averaged over a long time and thus looks smooth.

I judge that the photo is most likely real.