[pure-silver] Re: Fuji Film...... Stock up...

  • From: "Bob Younger" <younger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 07:43:55 -0800

This is from the LargeFormat list. I've talked with Cynthia,
and she's really trying to help. I've also talked with the
regional Fuji rep., and he's working with Cynthia to try to
make this happen. But the stores have just ended up too
often with boxes left over that they then have to sell at a
substantial loss. Calumet used to go in with Samy's to come
up with minimum orders, but they're not participating
anymore, at least on this.

So, if you want to stock up here's the opportunity.

Bob Younger

Hi - Cynthia from Samy's Pasadena here - Not trying to go
against normal forum protocol and sell stuff here, but
trying to help out since 8x10 film is getting harder to come
by. So please bear with me while I contribute - I don't mean
this to be a bald-faced plug for Samy's. Here's the scoop on
8x10 chrome straight from our Fuji rep as of today: Fuji
will manufacture (and we will stock) Provia (RDP) on a
regular basis, although our stock levels will be small since
sales of this format are pretty low. This will be available
on my regular stocking basis, and I order Fuji every week or
two; assuming Fuji US has it in stock (which they usually
do) I can get it if I'm out within a week or so. As for
Velvia: the 100 is replacing the 50, as you all know.
However, Fuji Japan will not produce a run of this film
without a large order (minimum 100 boxes). Once an order is
placed the production begins, and delivery is expected in
about 90 days. Sooooo . . . if you all want 8x10 Velvia 100
I'll be happy to order it, but we need to all get together
to make it happen. I currently have commitments from two
list members for 15 boxes - that means I need commitment for
85 more. I'd like to see this happen in the next week or so,
so that the film arrives in time for spring flower season
(March or April?); in other words, ASAP. If we can get all
our ducks in a row, the price will be $99.99 per box; I'll
need a 70% deposit paid in advance. If the order does not go
through (due to lack of full commitment) then the deposit is
refundable. However, once we hit the number and Fuji starts
production the deposits will become non-refundable. If you
would like to piggy-back on this order please call me at
626.796.3300 Monday through Friday. I'd like to suggest a
deadline of January 30, just so we don't have to wait
forever.

--cynthia   2006-01-24 12:44 PST

And then a subsequent posting......yesterday.

As of today, Jan. 30, we have 20 out of 100 boxes of Velvia
100 committed to this order - we need 80 more to make the
order happen. I had suggested tomorrow as a deadline so we
could get the ball rolling, but I'm willing to wait till
Friday if anyone else is still on the fence. I had suggested
before that you might want to look at this as a purchase of
your shooting stock for the next 18 months or so, but keep
in mind that whatever film Fuji would ship on this order
would be brand new, with probably a 2-3 year exp. date, and
in your freezer would last much longer, so maybe look at it
as a way to keep shooting your favorite film for the next
2-3 years, or longer? Anyway, call me this week if you want
to order - or the whole project may have to be scrapped.
626.796.3300 Cheers - Cynthia

--cynthia   2006-01-30 09:50 PST