[pure-silver] Re: Forte paper availability?

  • From: Georges Giralt <georges.giralt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 21:52:04 +0100

Samuel D. Stauffer a écrit :
> For several years I have been a user of Forte Polygrade V fiber paper.
> Needing to restock my supply, I have checked my local dealers and the
> big mail order houses in the U.S. (Calumet, Freestyle, B&H). All were
> out of stock for most sizes. I did manage to find some sizes at B & H
> but they were out of  other sizes.
> Having read about this company's no-show at Photokina, I am wondering
> whether it is time to find a new paper to use or whether it is just a
> matter of waiting awhile for stocks to be replenished.
>
> Does anyone have any knowledge about this?
>
> --Sam Stauffer
>   Flint, Michigan, USA
Oh, I've forgot something I've heard about :
It is about the disapearing of Agfa color paper (shame on me ;-) )
Befor Bayer get rid of Agfa, they had a plan to dismiss a lot of workers
in order to cut salary costs. The rationale they put on the selection
criteria gave a huge lot on the workers at the color plant factory... It
was so much that they where not enought people remaining to make one
shift ..... So they decided to stop this highly profitable factory...
  I think that Kodak and Fuji owe Bayer people a medal ..... and some
shares ;-)
Dunno if it's true, sounded like "could be" to me (as a former Alcatel
people, I "knew" this kind of management...)
We are fortunate because Agfa workers bought the whole lot ... maybe
they wont fire in their foot ?
--
Ce message est constitué d'au moins 50 % d'électrons recyclés.
Aucun électron n'a été blessé ou forcé d'aucune manière