[pure-silver] EI testing with Minolta Spotmeter

  • From: Paul Mead <paul.mead@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 10:50:49 +0100

Hi everyone, I hope you can help.

I've just taken delivery of my latest ebay purchase - a Minolta Spotmeter F - and I'm trying to get my head around how to go about testing for personal film speed.

The meter has a 'shadow' function which would be really useful, but the instructions show that it is calibrated for slide film use and is only 1 stop below the 'average' that it reports for use on the camera.

I was considering using this function anyway by metering from my target, pressing the 'shadow' button and using the resultant reading. in that way, when I test the negative density, I will still get the right EI for using the 'sahdow' function.

Am I on the right track or have I missed something??

Thanks

Paul

By the way - I lost track of this list years ago and I'm very glad to see that it's still around.