[pure-silver] Re: Durst L1200 and Mivalo

  • From: Peter De Smidt <pdesmidt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 17:20:57 -0800

DarkroomMagic wrote:

Thanks for the effort, Rob.

Yes, I got the same carrier. But being the pins are 128mm apart, how would
that ever fit the negative. Even a 4x5 neg is not that long. I guess my
question is:

What do you punch the holes into, and how does that connect back to the
negative?

Just a guess here, but you might have to tape some type of card stock to the negative, and then punch the holes in the card stock. This is what I have to do with my De Vere carrier and punch, which uses Kodak style registration pins. This is also the case with Lynn Radeka's system, I believe. This isn't as elegant as a Condit system, which punches 1/16th inch holes in the negative itself, but it can be made to work.

-Peter