[pure-silver] Re: Dr Mike Wares Cyanotype Process

  • From: Richard Urmonas <rurmonas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 08:23:56 +101800

Carl,

I would recommend you use the original process.  It is one of the least toxic
photo processes around, it works well, and is very low cost.  I have not used
the
Ware process, but from my experience the "problems" which he claims to have
solved, really are not an issue.  I have also read reports that the old process
is capable of better results than the Ware process.

Richard

Quoting Carl Radford <carlradford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi Folks
>

> Dr Mike Ware Cyanotype process calls for Ammonium Iron Oxalate 30g,
> Potassium Ferriycyanide 10g, Ammonium Dichromate (25%) 0.5ml and
> distilled water to make 1ltr. My problem is that Iron Oxalate is illegal
> in the UK being on a poisons list and I have tried a couple of places in
> the US who have said they are not allowed to export. Is there a
> substitute or somewhere that would ship to the UK?
>

> All the best, Carl.

Richard Urmonas